We, Shoreline Community College (SCC), affirm our commitment to protect and enhance the environment through our learning, research, service, and administrative operations. We seek to foster a community that sustains ecological systems and educates for environmental awareness, local action, and global thinking. We seek to incorporate environmental principles and environmentally responsible practices as fundamental and integrated components of all SCC operations and programs. Our fundamental principles are to:
- Incorporate environmental concerns as a significant priority in College decision making.
- Seek alternative practices and procedures to minimize negative impacts on the environment.
- Conserve natural resources and restore environmental quality.
- Protect the biodiversity of our region and serve as a living laboratory and habitat for local species.
- Consider the social, economic, and environmental impacts of Shoreline Community College's operational policies and foster a participatory process in developing these policies.
Our decisions and actions will be guided by the College's Mission Statement, reflective of the College's resources, and informed by the Board of Trustee's Policies and the College's Strategic Plan. As a learning institution, we recognize that planning for sustainability will be an evolving practice.