Apply for Funding
- Apply Standards of Accreditation when determining core services essential to the mission of a comprehensive community college (Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, 2003 Edition) .
- Institutional Mission and Goals, Planning and Effectiveness
- Educational Program and Its Effectiveness
- Library and Information Resources
- Governance and Administration
- Physical Resources
- Institutional Integrity
- Recognizing the substantial nature of the current budget reduction requirement, and in consideration of the impact of said reduction on the college’s future strategic direction, the strategic themes as articulated in the colleges current strategic plan will be used as principles to guide the budget reduction process.
- Meet fiduciary (i.e., financial, contractual, legal and regulatory) obligations.
- All programs/services, defined as organizational units at the College that provide academic, student, public or any other services, and all aspects of the current operation, are reviewed for possible reduction. In general, the process will:
- Emphasize the principle of efficiency, whereby the total cost (considered in terms of economics, educational, social, human, community, etc.) associated with a retained program does not exceed total benefit.
- Emphasize current and future cost-effectiveness, defined as the ‘relative cost of offering a program/service measured against the relative outcomes (i.e., impacts)’ of a program/service.
- Consider the positive impact that a program/service has on meeting state mandated student achievement initiative targets
- Be balanced in a way so as to meet the mission of the college
- Make every effort to maintain basic service levels, while reducing the cost of providing those services. Consider reduction measures that will have the least impact on overall college operations, and contemplate the use of alternate entities, via contracts or partnerships, for example, that are consistent with labor contract requirements, to meet critical needs.
- Every effort will be made to strive for position placements that, in any college reorganization, assigns responsibilities according to established knowledge, skills and ability of qualified individuals, in deference to fiduciary obligations as described in #3.
- Treat people with respect and dignity; make every effort to minimize impact on people’s lives (e.g. early notification from the president, confidentiality, focus on positions rather than performance or persons, and data-driven decisions).
- Maximize revenue and operating efficiency of all revenue-generating programs.
- Make every effort to continue meeting the needs of the external work force, and consider the economic needs of the community in doing so.