Work order requests to the Facilities Department are now submitted online.
Who can submit a work order request?
Only authorized submitters may submit a work order request. All other campus employees should contact an authorized submitter in their program/department.
Why limit who can submit a work order request?
Authorized submitters review requests to make sure that final approval comes from the person who is in the supervisory role with budgetary authority. Although we now have this online tool to use, the work order request system is still asking for the same approval process as was done previously with the paper-based work order requests.
Is there a training tool for Authorized Submitters?
Yes, here is a tutorial for step-by-step directions on how to submit a work order request online.
Here are some key tips for the authorized users.
- After filling out the required fields on the Work Order Request Entry page and you have no attachments, clicking the Save button will complete the work order request submission process.
- When you want to check on the status of a work order you have submitted, click the Work Order Request Search button, enter the work order number, and click Go.
- Reminder: Continue to use the Facilities Set-up Request form for event setups. Do not use the online system for this purpose.
- As always, for requests that need immediate attention, call facilities at extension 4661.
Please continue to use the Facilities Set-Up Request form for all events/activities that require set-up assistance from the Facilities Department. This will allow us to collect specific details for each set-up, which will help us better understand what your event/activity requires.
Facilities functions generally fall into one of the following categories:
- Operations and Maintenance
- Custodial Services
- Grounds Maintenance